Friday, March 4, 2011
SENIOR PROJECT VOLUNTEER/ Feb. 20/Client A
Today, Lucas was happy and he smiled a lot. He responded to Ian playing the piano by banging on the piano keys himself, on the lower scale of the piano. Ian commented to the father that this was the longest time Lucas played on the piano in a long time. Also, I set up the room in the morning, creating barriers that Lucas is prohibited from entering by blocking the room with chairs. I set out the instruments and I placed the wrong mini xylophone on the floor. Lucas usually plays with the wooden xylophone, but I brought out the xylophone with the metal keys but he played with the instrument none the less by hitting the keys with his hand or with the wrong end of the xylophone stick. Lucas tends to hold the ball ended top of the stick and hits the xylophone with the stick end of the stick. As a result, the keys would often come out of the xylophone. Today, I tried playing with the drums and the maracas, but did so without notice. I was shy and I didn't want to disrupt anything or do the wrong thing. Lucas also played with the tambourine for awhile.
Labels:
Feb 20,
Lucas,
Senior Project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment